Tuesday, August 9, 2011

German Roots

Because my ancestry has been traced back on both sides of my family to a small group of German Iron Ore miners brought to Virginia by Governor Spotswood, I have listed a link to the Germanna Foundation.  As time goes on the story will unfold from the beginning.....My Aunt Lola Mae, who was my Grand-daddy Hutch's sister did an enormous amount of research on the Hutchinson side of the family and she was so generous to send me large envelopes full of our family tree......The Aycock side of the family has not been so easy.....I have learned a lot though. And through Aunt Lola Mae's research I discovered that my Daddy's side of the family, namely his Grandmother's, who was a Weaver, is descended from the same Germanna Colony in Virginia.......Totally Incredible.....

No comments:

Post a Comment